With Eureka!, leaders will guide kids through the process of digging into Scripture, listening to their peers, and exploring ideas that come up during a lesson.
Scope & SequenceIn this Curriculum
Kids are curious. They want to figure it out, try it out, solve the problem, and uncover the mystery. They want to explore, learn, and discover things for themselves. Kids are more likely to remember and embrace a discovery they view as their own. Eureka! provides opportunities for faith discoveries to happen every week. Follow the curiosity of your kids and see where God leads!
Consistent lesson structure, activities, and discussions build confidence among students and leaders. Group storytelling methods are easy to lead and easy to master. Leaders are never asked to lecture, memorize scripts, or be amazing storytellers. The pressure to teach perfectly melts away.
Eureka! dives deep by equipping kids with the experience and confidence to read and explore the Bible. Five simple questions guide every exploration of Scripture: What’s that word? What’s happening in the passage? What’s happening in the Bible? What’s this say about God? What’s this say about us?
Kids and leaders are active and equal participants in Eureka! The pillars of each lesson are interactive storytelling activities and discussion. Leaders guide kids through the process of digging into Scripture, listening to their peers, and exploring ideas that come up during a lesson. Everyone has ownership in the exploring and learning process.
In this quarter, explore the birth of Jesus and the miracles Jesus performed. You and your students will discover that Jesus was sent from God and was often opposed by the leaders of his time. Explorations will place kids in the shoes of the child whose lunch fed 5,000 and in the tree with Zacchaeus on the day his life changed. The scriptures studied during the weeks of Advent are inspired by the Revised Common Lectionary. Your class will continue to practice the hermeneutic (Bible study strategy) that is at the core of Eureka!
In Eureka! each Bible passage is examined using five steps:
1. What’s that word? Explore the words of the passage. Kids can’t understand the message of the passage if they don’t understand the individual words they’re reading.
2. What’s happening in the passage? Dive in and explore what’s happening in the passage.
3. What’s happening in the Bible? Explore other Bible passages that can help us make sense of this one. Discover how the entire Bible works together.
4. What’s this say about God? Dig into what the passage says about God, his love, and his character.
5. What’s this say about us? Discover what the passage says about us. What does it say about me and the people around me?
To learn more about Eureka! Curriculum visit EurekaCurriculum.com