How to Plan a Funeral
Author(s)Liz Cowen Furman
No one wants to think about planning a funeral; and the logistics of burial costs, memorial options, and writing an obituary are the last things on your mind when a loved one is nearing death. But at some point in life, most of us will have to face the grim task of laying someone to rest.
How to Plan a Funeral provides practical instruction and insight to help you manage the difficult and sometimes, overwhelming choices, arrangements, and responsibilities that must be handled after a loved one dies. It includes information on burial and cremation costs; buyer advice and what to avoid; ideas for celebrating the life of your loved one; ways to support others who are grieving; and more.
- An overview of the embalming and cremation processes
- Burial and cremation options
- Approximate costs and buyer beware tips
- Instructions for writing a eulogy and obituary
- Ideas for ways to celebrate the deceased
- Service ideas, music and photo suggestions, order of service templates, and planning worksheets
- Suggestions for providing comfort and support to grieving family members, including children
- A glossary of terms related to death and funerals